I had the pleasure of hosting a handful of real estate professionals from the healthcare industry on a panel session this morning (that we'll be producing for later use) and I wanted to share some high-level takeaways from the panel session.
I should preface my takeaways with the outstanding line-up of panelists we were able to ping with questions:
Nikki Viner, VP of Market Development, Mercy Health
Craig Jensen, System Director, Banner Health
Janet Holland, SVP of Business Development, Rendina
Tim Couch, Managing Director, CB Richard Ellis
1. The availability of real estate is really good right now. There is competition for sites, but overall rents are reasonable and the space is available.
2. Municipalities are helping to fast-track what health systems and hospitals need to get the deal finalized.
3. Financing is readily available for quality projects.
4. There is a focus for health systems to get more out of existing real estate.
5. Healthcare networks are thinking more like retailers and taking care closer to their patients.
We'll be releasing an executive summary and podcasts of the panel session in the near future.