If you love data and having your hand in every step of a project, our Database Analyst role could be for you. This role requires cross-functional work with our analytics, project management, account management and sales teams, as well as working directly with our clients when needed.
This is an entry-level role in our Data Integration group. This well-rounded group is responsible for multiple types of projects. These include facilitating database marketing orders for direct mail, email or digital targeting campaigns; integrating client data from various channels into Buxton’s infrastructure; and creating, maintaining and optimizing client data warehouses.
Buxton does not routinely participate in practical training programs under F-1 visas nor sponsor individuals for purposes of obtaining visas (e.g.; an H1-B or other types of work visas).
Join the Buxton Team, Apply Today!Apply Now
What you'll be doing:
- Serving as the point of contact to client’s internal data team to receive initial data transfer from client
- Executing database marketing requests for use across a variety of marketing strategies
- Standardizing and loading client data to be used by the Buxton for analysis
- Leveraging ETL tools to automate the flow of data from client transfer to production environment
- Communicating cross-departmentally regarding project scope, progress and findings regarding data
- Working in team environment where brainstorming, innovation, and collaboration is critical while also maintaining personal responsibility for completion of assigned projects on time and of high quality
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 1+ years of experience writing and executing all aspects of SQL, preferably with experience in both Oracle and SQL Server
- Solid understanding of relational database theory
- Ability to write “clean” code and strong code documentation skills
- Capability to read, understand, and if needed, alter existing SQL code written by others
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Aptitude to solve complex problems autonomously
- Superb organizational, communication and presentation skills with outstanding attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Experience with ETL processes
- Advanced Excel knowledge (V-lookups, pivot tables, macros)
- Experience with PL/SQL, stored procedures, and functions
If you think you have what it takes, please submit your resume to email@example.com!