Join the Buxton Team, Apply Today!Apply Now
Buxton is currently seeking an account manager to create long-term, trusted relationships with our clients. An account manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned clients, develop new business from existing clients and retain clients.
Responsibilities for this role include developing strong relationships with clients, connecting with key stakeholders including city managers, economic development professionals and elected officials. In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including customer service and product development departments) to improve the entire customer experience. This position may require travel.
If you are familiar with account management software (CRM), have a flair for client communication and understand the economic development industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ideally, a successful account manager should collaborate with our sales team to achieve quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with our products and services. In this role, your primary client base will include economic development groups looking to attract retail expansion as well as tourism and convention visitors bureaus looking to grow their tourism base.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to client needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and maintain reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
This position will:
- Provide training, both initially and periodically
- Require achievement of client retention expectations
- Reward achievement
- Require strong client management abilities
- Require frequent professional presentations at city council meetings
- Require attendance of various industry trade shows
- Require frequent travel (estimated 30-35%)
What you bring to the table:
- Proven work experience in an account management or relevant role (2 years preferred)
- Knowledge or experience in economic development industry preferred
- Knowledge or work experience with a destination marketing or other tourism related organization preferred
- Interest in local government and tourism industry required
- The ability to listen and connect with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of diverse clients
- Experience with using a CRM (such as Salesforce) as an effective sales tool
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities