SQL Server Database Analyst
If you love data and having your hand in every step of a project, our SQL Server Database Analyst role is for you. This role requires cross-functional work with our analytics, project management, account management and sales teams, as well as working directly with our clients when needed.
This is a mid-level role within our growing Data Integration group. This well-rounded group is responsible for multiple types of projects including everything from ETL configuration utilizing SSIS, to leading a new Data Warehouse integration into our ecosystem.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Buxton (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Join the Buxton Team, Apply Today!Apply Now
What you'll be doing:
- Communicating cross-departmentally regarding project scope, progress and findings regarding everything data
- Working in a team environment where brainstorming, innovation, and collaboration is critical while also maintaining personal responsibility for completion of assigned projects on time and of high quality
- Leveraging ETL tools to automate the flow of data of various data elements within the Buxton ecosystem
- Innovating new ways to standardize existing data processes and optimizing current workflows
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 2 to 5 years of experience writing and executing all aspects SQL Server including base SQL, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL Tuning, Monitoring, and Performance measurement
- Ability to read, understand, and alter existing SQL when necessary
- Solid understanding of Relational Database Theory
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Aptitude to solve complex problems autonomously and attention to detail
Nice to have:
- 2+ years’ experience utilizing and implementing SSIS packages
- Advance Excel knowledge (V-lookups, pivot tables, macros, etc)