The customization options available through online advertising make it a valuable tool to promote your business. But, as recent news has shown, it is not without risk.
Platforms like Google AdWords and Facebook have made it easier for brands to reach their target customers using demographic information, but this still leaves advertisers little control over how their ads are displayed to their audience.
Here are a few ways you can continue to capitalize on the targeting options available through these digital platforms, while maintaining control over how they are served to your target audience:
- Use a predictive marketing model. Investing in a predictive marketing model will help you identify the characteristics of your best customers based on psychographic profiles. This method goes beyond basic demographic information to make sure you are only reaching your most likely customers. With a predictive model, you have the power to eliminate segments who are less likely to choose your product or service from receiving your message, saving you time and money.
- Leverage IP address or device ID targeting. These methods use the customer profiles identified in your predictive marketing model to help you further refine your message delivery.
Do some of your customers prefer to use a laptop at home? Or, do they only browse using a mobile device, no matter where they are? Device ID targeting can help you reach them where they surf.
Only looking to reach specific households? Through deterministic matching logic, you can control your ad delivery so it only reaches the households you’d like to receive your message. Further enhance your marketing by creating custom campaigns and messaging that will resonate with your audience.
- Apply geofencing. Geofencing is similar to IP targeting, but rather allows you to reach a group of IP addresses. Do you know that most of your customers live in a certain area? Use geofencing to expand your audience beyond just a select group of households. Or eliminate groups from receiving your message if you know they are less likely to respond.
- Employ blacklisting. Still have concerns that your ads may appear on sites you’d prefer to avoid? With blacklisting, you can select the specific websites, or categories of websites, where you do not want your ads to appear.
- Work with a marketing partner like Buxton. Online advertising is still a valuable resource to minimize marketing waste and increase return on investment. Target your best customers with confidence, and take control of where your ads appear using intelligence from the customer analytics experts at Buxton.