If a waterpark isn’t your thing, TripAdvisor announced the winners of its Travelers’ Choice awards for attractions – just in time for your summer vacation.
To determine the awards, TripAdvisor evaluated millions of traveler reviews and then created an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of the reviews for each attraction over a 12-month period.
And the number 1 tourist attraction in the U.S., which sees more than 1 million visitors each year, is Gettysburg National Park in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
Below are the other award winners.
25. Castillo de San Marcos, Saint Augustine, Florida
24. The Breakers, Newport, Rhode Island
23. Rockefeller Center, New York, New York
22. Portland Head Light, Cape Elizabeth, Maine
21. Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona, Arizona
20. Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, Washington, D.C.
19. Fallingwater, Mill Run, Pennsylvania
18. Empire State Building, New York, New York
17. National D-Day Memorial, Bedford, Virginia
16. Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Washington, D.C.
15. The Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
14. Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, Charlottesville, Virginia
13. Grand Central Terminal, New York, New York
12. Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn, New York
11. Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis, Saint Louis, Missouri
10. Korean War Veterans Memorial, Washington, D.C.
9. Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, Savannah, Georgia
8. New York Public Library, New York, New York
7. Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Washington, D.C.
6. Cloud Gate, Chicago, Illinois
5. USS Arizona Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
4. Alcatraz, San Francisco, California
3. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, California
2. Lincoln Memorial and Reflecting Pool, Washington, D.C.
1. Gettysburg National Military Park, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania